Open-Source Platform Developer (Open edX, Azure)
Full-time, work from anywhere (We are based in Atlanta, GA, USA)
pro•duhk•tiv is looking for a developer focused on Open edX. You will work on tools and platforms from and be part of the open-source educational community. See edx.org for the largest deployment of this technology, as well as the two founding institutions MIT and Harvard.
Open edX is built upon a Python/Django codebase with good quality code standards and architecture. You will work on our platform, supporting clients primarily in the major technology sector. Tasks will include understanding and developing core platform features, customizing activities, exercises, and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), tailoring our instance, operating full-stack, running our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- Comfort working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with communicating and supporting within a free software community
Additional skills preferred (we will support your training if you need it)
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a strategic infrastructure, and a strong DevOps experience and essential software engineering skills are a plus!
- Cloud computing, especially Azure, AWS, or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools like Ansible and git source control
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- End-to-end Project management
- Social contribution, representing our organization in online forums and at industry events
We help major tech companies drive demand for their products through “lightbulb learning” experiences. This job is a full-time position, and you can work from anywhere with a reliable internet connectivity.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please email us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com